Happy National Chiropractic Health Month! As we celebrate this October, we want to ensure everyone has the tools they need to prevent back pain as it continues to be one of the most prevalent and debilitating conditions. Studies show that more than 65 million Americans suffer from some form of lower back pain annually.
Spinal degeneration can take on many different forms and affects people of all ages. Also known as disc degeneration, it is part of the aging process. As we get older, the blood supply to the spinal discs decreases little by little.
If you are told that you have spinal degeneration, this means that the spine will get worse over time, right? Not necessarily! This is one of the most common misconceptions. With the right treatment, spinal degeneration pain symptoms can be diminished.
Chiropractic offers a drug-free approach that has long-term benefits. The American Chiropractic Association (ACA) shares information on injury prevention and strengthening tips. Keep your family healthy with good diet, exercise, and regular checkups!
Signs that should not be ignored and can be helped:
- Sharp or chronic pain that spreads to the neck, back, buttocks, or limbs
- Pins and needles, numbness, or reduced touch sensation
- Pain from sitting, standing, lifting, twisting, or bending
- Muscle spasms or stiffness
- Problems with bladder and bowel functionBe happy, be healthy!